In last Saturday’s communication it was indicated that from Sunday afternoon, November 28, until at least Sunday, December 19, all our sports locations will be closed daily from 17:00.
We also announced that at least until tonight, 30 November, we will maintain the current schedule with corresponding cancellations after 17:00. Hereby an update on the situation as of tomorrow until at least December 19.
Extended opening hours in the morning
The good news is that as of tomorrow, December 1, we are expanding our opening hours during the day at the front:
The Sports Center on the Zernike grounds will be open from 7:00 am Monday through Sunday and will close at 5:00 pm.
Please note that this does not apply to the Willem Alexander Sports Complex, where the regular opening hours will continue to apply with closure at 17.00 as well.
This ensures that we can offer more time slots in the untied package, for example fitness, tennis and padel. Go to the website for the exact sports options.
It also means that there is an additional 1.5 hours of hall time available daily in which training can take place. From 08.30 onwards, the sports locations will again be largely used for educational activities of the Hanzehogeschool. We are in discussion with the clubs about a use in the early morning hours and where possible earlier in the afternoon. This also applies to ACLO Station. The communication goes through the department chairs of the Sports Center and in the coming days this will be further elaborated.
At the other times during the day when the sports locations are not used by the education, these locations can be reserved in a regular way by all ACLO-sportsmen (and thus also association-sportsmen) through the website.
To still be able to offer everyone as many sports as possible, an inventory is currently being made of whether extra group lessons can be offered during the new opening hours of the Sports Center. Club members can of course also use these group lessons as a replacement for the cancelled training sessions on the basis of regular reservations via the website.
In the coming days we will keep an eye on the announcements made by the various sports federations regarding the continuation or not of the various competitions. If several competitions are postponed, we will look for alternative weekend use in consultation with those involved.
Sports in the public space
According to the current measures, athletes/associations are allowed to pick up sports activities in public spaces after 5:00 pm on their own initiative in groups of no more than four (excluding the trainer), with 1.5 meters distance from each other. Public areas do not include the locations of the Sports Center. These are, for example, a parking lot or a park.
The following basic rules apply:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly.
- Give each other as much space as possible; 1.5 meters distance is required outside of sports and during sports wherever possible. This is facilitated by the Sports Center for the group lessons because the group sizes have been reduced.
- Stay home in case of complaints and get yourself tested at the GGD immediately. Even if you have already been vaccinated.
If you test positive: stay home and avoid contact with others, even if they have been vaccinated.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Provide adequate fresh air and ventilation in indoor areas.
Other measures Sports Center and the ACLO:
- Closing 17.00, leave the sports facilities immediately after the sports activity.
- No public allowed at sports, both indoors and outdoors.
- Because we have indoor sports buildings with mixed use of education and sports, a QR code needs to be checked when used by outsiders. This means that QR codes will be scanned for all athletes on Saturdays and Sundays in the Sports Center (including the bladed halls) and the WAS at Zernike.
- Face mask required when moving through the buildings. The facemask may be taken off in the seating area and while exercising.
- Also, the clubhouses close at 5:00 pm. In addition, only placarded at 1.5m may be used in the hospitality areas. The QR code check remains a choice of the club itself, due to being located on educational grounds.
- The Sportsbar has adjusted opening hours (also closing at 17.00 at the latest), these will be announced at the entrance of the Sportsbar.
The 76th Executive Board of the ACLO and the Management of the Sports Center