Have you ever had the wish to fly like a bird?
The ACLO, in collaboration with the North Netherlands Gliding Club (NNZC), offers you the opportunity to experience what it is like to soar like a bird.
Note: For this course you pay a contribution of €45. You pay this fee prior to the course at the information desk of the Sports Centre, you will not receive a refund for this fee! When these costs are not paid 3 days prior to the course, the participation for the course will be cancelled.
Have you ever had the desire to fly as free as a bird? Through the ACLO, in cooperation with the Noord Nederlandse Zweefvliegclub (NNZC), this is now within reach. Come fly with us one afternoon and experience the freedom of gliding for yourself. During the course you will make three flights and take the controls yourself to feel what it is like to be a pilot.
Gliding above Veendam and also some images of the 2012 Summer Camp in Germany.
You get into the cockpit, the belts are fastened, a last briefing and then the time has come. The starting light flashes and the cable slowly comes to tension. Within seconds, you’re soaring at about 100 kilometers per hour and after a whirlwind minute, the plane, at about 500 meters, disconnects from the cable. From that moment on you are floating. The experienced instructor explains to you how it is possible that the plane keeps floating, while you enjoy the view in the meantime.
You learn to glide by doing it often. Every time you go up in the air with the instructor you get one step closer to your first solo flight and obtain the Sailplane Licence (SPL). With the SPL, flying long distances and even competing in competitions becomes possible. With the ACLO course you will make the first three flights of a special flying adventure.
Below is the course schedule:
- At 12:09, line 171 towards Veendam departs from the Groningen UMCG stop to the Borgercompagnie Viaduct stop. Around 12:45 the bus will arrive and our members will be ready to take you to the airport. Of course you can also come with your own transport. The address is Borgercompagnie 266 in Veendam.
- At 13:00 you will be received in our canteen for a presentation/safety briefing about gliding.
- Around 13:45 we start flying. During this course you will make three flights. The first flight is an introduction to the plane and to flying itself. In the other two flights, you will learn to steer yourself under the guidance of an instructor. When you’re not flying you will actively help with the tasks on the airfield.
- When everyone is finished, probably around 18:30, we close the day with a joint meal, which you are free to participate in. Afterwards you will be dropped off at the bus stop or train station in Veendam. Where you can take the bus/train back to Groningen main train station.
- September 24th
- October 8th
- June 24th
- July 8
- September 15
- September 22
- There are 10 places available for the course per flight day
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses and a bottle of water, there is little shade at an airport.
- Bring a jacket, it can also be quite cold
- 100 kg is the maximum weight for participation in the course.
- If it is not possible to make three flights, it is possible that one or more flights will be moved to the next day.
- Also check the website of the NNZC Veendam for more information.
9631 TP Borgercompagnie
0598 623 259