Have you ever had the wish to fly like a bird?
The ACLO, in collaboration with the North Netherlands Gliding Club (NNZC), offers you the opportunity to experience what it is like to soar like a bird.
Please note: the course costs €45,-. You pay with the registration system, but can’t reclaim the guarantee!
The planning of the fly day is listed below:
- At 12:09 bus 171 to Veendam will departure from Groningen UMCG to stop Borgercompagnie Viaduct. Our members will be waiting at the bus stop to bring you to the airfield. Attention: please be on time, as the bus is only departing once every full hour! You will be responsible for your own tickets. It is also possible to come with your own transportation. The address is Borgercompagnie 266.
- At 13:00 you will be welcomed in our canteen for a presentation about gliding.
- At around 13:45 we start with flying. Everyone will have 3 flights. The first flight is to get to know the plane and flying. On the other two flights you will under supervision learn to fly by yourself. Everyone will have the oppurtunity to see the club and experience how things are dealth with.
- When everybody has flown, probably around 18:30, we end with a meal, where you are free to participate. Afterwards, you will be properly returned at the bus station (Paal 7) or the train station in Veendam. Where you can take a bus/train back to Hoofdstation Groningen.
- Also bring sunblock and sunglasses as there is little shade on the airfield.
There are not so many requirements you will have to meet if you wish to fly with us, except you do not weigh more than a 100 kg. Also, flying with a heavy cold is not recommended due to some pressure differences you are going to experience even though they are reasonably small.
Period 1A: 24 sep& 8 okt
9631 TP Borgercompagnie
0598 623 259