From Monday the 18th of May onwards, we will start offering outdoor sports again at the Sports centre! In the context of the government measures concerning COVID-19, it is important that our reopening will start in phases and in a controlled manner. Therefore, we will initially start with a limited sports offer. In other words, this means outdoor sports with – at all times – a distance of 1,5 meters between athletes.
From Monday the 18th of May onwards we will start with the following sports: Tennis/Padel and various group lessons. After placing a reservation, all Cardholders (ACLO and SPR) can make use of our sports offer. Since it’s not yet allowed to exercise indoors, the group lessons will be moved outside to the running track behind the Sports centre. Due to the Corona measures, a maximum of 15 participants will be used and reservation via our website for both group lessons and a tennis or padel court is required.
- On Sunday the 17th of May, the protocols concerning ‘responsible’ exercising will be posted on our website. These protocols are based on the guidelines set by the government regarding the Corona virus. As an athlete, it is mandatory to follow the guidelines in this protocol. Read the protocols here!
- You can register for a group lesson or make a reservation for a tennis or padel court by logging in with your student number, through our website. You can register or make a reservation 8 days in advance. You can make a maximum of one reservation; after you participate in a group lesson or reservation, you can register for something else again. Due to our limited sports offer we hope to give every ACLO and SPR member a fair chance in participation.
- If you cannot attend a class or reservation for which you have registered, you must cancel it. In case of absence without deregistration, you will be fined with €10,-.
- The changing and shower facilities at the Sports centre are closed. Make sure you change clothes at home and return home immediately after your lesson or reservation. Toilet use at the Sports centre is only possible in exceptional cases.
- Walking directions are indicated at the Sports centre so that in combination with following the protocols we can jointly create the safest possible sports environment. We, therefore, count on your cooperation and obedience of our instructions. A schedule of the group lessons that will be organized from Monday onwards will be visible once you log-in through our website.
Start-up other sports
In the following weeks, we will gradually expand the range of sports. We hope to build up our regular sports offer within the existing guidelines as soon as possible. We will also pay close attention to the wishes of our sports associations. In addition, there will be clarity as soon as possible concerning the availability of the swimming pool in the Willem-Alexander Sports complex. We expect to be able to inform you about this next week.
ACLO Executive Board & Management Sports Centre.