Yesterday (the 17th of May), the government has announced that the new corona measures will take effect form the 19th of May onwards. We are very glad that these new measures allow us to expand our sports offer!
The following measures will continue to apply:
- Keeping 1.5 meters distance apart is mandatory when doing individual sports;
- Changing rooms and showers remain closed (with the exception of the swimming pool);
- Official matches and competitions with teams of other associations are not allowed;
- It’s mandatory to make a reservation for a sports activity;
- There is no audience allowed during the sports activity;
- Stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms;
- Arrive shortly before the start of the sports activity and leave immediately afterwards.
In addition, the following measures will apply from the 19th of May onwards:
- For all the indoor sports activity a health check is mandatory, when entering the sports accommodation the health check will be conducted by means of a clearly visible list.
The group lessons can continue to take place outside, but they will no longer be in the form of series. Therefore, you no longer have to register for a lesson for several weeks. Moreover, the following guidelines apply:
- A maximum of 30 athletes can participate per lesson and everyone must keep a distance of 1.5 meters;
- The group lessons are also open to athletes over 26 years old;
- To give as many athletes as possible the opportunity to participate in the group lessons and open hours, you are allowed to participate in a maximum of 3 group lessons and/or open hours per week;
- The athletes who were registered for the current group lesson series have received an email about the already scheduled group lesson series.
The previous guidelines remain in effect: reservation is mandatory, equipment is cleaned after use, and the lessons end 10 minutes earlier for cleaning purposes. Please pay extra attention to the 1.5 meters distance during the preparation of the lessons as well as during the tidying at the end of the lessons.
From the 19th of May, athletes with an ACLO Fitness Card have the opportunity to make use of the fitness facilities again at the Sports Center and the Power Station. In the weekend, all the ACLO athletes may use the fitness facilities. Furthermore, the following guidelines apply:
- At the Sports Center a maximum of 30 persons and at the Power Station a maximum of 6 persons (including the instructor) are allowed to exercise at the same time.
- Everyone must keep a distance of 1.5 meters;
- The fitness hours are also open to athletes over 26 years old;
- To give as many athletes as possible to make use of the fitness, you are allowed to make use of the fitness a maximum of 3 times per week;
- The athletes who were registered for the current fitness series have received an email about the already scheduled fitness series.
Swimming pool WAS
From the 19th of May onwards, the open swimming hours will take place again in the WAS. Athletes must keep 1.5 meter distance both inside and outside the water. The changing rooms will be open to quickly change clothes after swimming at 1.5 meter distance, it is not possible to use the showers. The open swimming hours are also open to athletes over 26 years old.
The following accommodations are open for free reservation:
- The padel court (maximum of 4 persons);
- The tennis courts (maximum of 4 persons);
- The beach volleyball courts (maximum of 4 persons).
Moreover, you can make free reservations for the following indoor sports:
- Basketball (maximum of 1 person);
- Badminton (maximum of 2 persons);
- Table tennis (maximum of 2 persons);
- Squash (maximum of 1 person);
- Pole dancing (maximum of 2 persons);
The following open hours are possible:
- Climbing (only certificated climbers);
- Turning (spotting is not allowed).
To give as many athletes as possible the opportunity to participate in the group lessons and open hours, you are allowed to participate in a maximum of 3 group lessons and/or open hours per week.
Course period 4B
Course period 4B will start as scheduled on the 31th of May and will run until the 4th of July. Enrollments are open until the 23th of May. Post-enrollment will open on Thursday the 27th of May.
The in person courses are only accessible for youth up to and including 26 years of age, except for the courses where 1.5 meters distance can be held. These are the following courses:
- Survival run;
Online group lessons
The online group lessons will continue until at least the 24th of May. You can register daily for various group lessons that you can follow from the comfort of your home.
Training sessions in teams
The following applies for youth up to and including 26 years of age:
- Youth up to and including 26 years of age are allowed to exercise outside in groups;
- During the training, athletes do not have to keep 1.5 meter distance from each other, before and after the training this is mandatory.
The following applies for athletes from 27 years or older:
- Athletes from 27 years or older are allowed to exercise outside in a group of maximum 30 people;
- Before, after and during the sports activity, athletes need to keep 1.5 meter distance from each other.
We have contacted the boards of the student sports associations, together we will look at the possibilities regarding the association hours within the new measures. Please contact the board of your student sports association for more information.
According to the national measures, the outdoor terraces of sport canteens may be reopened. We have contacted the association boards of the student sports associations with a sports canteen that are located at the Sports Center. Together we will look at possibilities for opening the outside terraces within the new corona measures. Contact the board of your student sports association for more information.
For specific questions regarding this message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will keep you informed of further developments. Of course we, like you, are very happy that we can increase our sports offer. However, it is important that the guidelines are followed. In this way we can hopefully soon expand our sports offer even further.
The Executive Board of the ACLO and the Management Sports Center